To read more, go to http://www.sacbee.com/2013/09/11/5725597/jerry-brown-pushes-school-testing.html
- We are not competitive internationally in terms of our schools and the skills of our population.
- Other countries have shown that it is possible to improve. Indeed some of our states have shown the same thing: Maryland, Delaware, Florida, and Massachusetts,
- If we can improve, the potential economic gains are huge. If we do not improve, we will be seriously hurt in the future – and the era of the “American Century” could come to an end.
- A number of people – particularly those currently working in the schools – resist the fundamental changes that are needed, but we must find a way to improve our schools.
- Improving our schools is not a partisan issues but one that faces all of our citizens.